Saturday, April 11, 2009

The World Can Be Reversed

Peeps, do you still remember about the Earth Hour? I know its kinda late now but I'm gonna talk bout the pros and cons of the Earth Hour in this post. If I'm wrong about the pros and cons, please do correct me. :D

The Pros
- Saves electricity
- Create awareness on the global warming issue

The Cons
- Crimes may happen since the streets are kinda dark during that time
- Sudden change of power stored in power generating stations would result in damaging the electrical components in the stations since everyone turns off their electrical appliances at the same time

If you have any more opinions on the pros and cons, please do feel free to leave me a message. Anyway, the Earth Hour is quite a success since there are people who are aware of this matter and turns off their light during that time. Although we can't return the Earth back to the original state, we can still reverse the effects if everyone is willing to lend a hand just like the short clip named 'Lost Generation' below. It won't take up a lot of time to watch the clip, just a minute will do. And if your internet connction is slow, just read the subtitles that I type. Of course, it wasn't me who created this clip. Heh. :D



I am part of the Lost Generation
and I refused to believe that
I can change the world
I realised this may be a shock but
*Happiness comes from within*
is a lie, and
*Money will make me happy*
So in 30 years I will tell my children
They are not the most important thing in my life
My employer will know that
I have my priorities straight because
work
is more important than
family
I tell you this
Once upon a time
Families stayed together
but this will not be true in my era
this is a quick fix society
Experts tell me
30 years from now I will be celebratingthe 10th anniversary of my divorce
I do not concede that
I will live in a country of my own making
In the future
Environmental destruction will be the norm
No longer can it be said that
My peers and I care about this earth
It will be evident that
My generation is apathetic and lethargic
It is foolish to presume that
There is hope.

And all of this will come true unless we choose to reverse it.

4 comments:

HappyMooMoo said...

Agree agree :D But for me, I think Earth hour doesn't bring much effect though. They have it once a year or so. What can you do in 1 hour? Just my opinion XD

Ko Wei said...

Thanks for commenting. Yea, you're right..but that's an effort to create awareness. If people are aware of it, sooner or later the effect can be seen when more and more people know about it. Consequently, people might start to realize the importance of saving resources and start saving. Its just like a plague and needs someone to spread the disease. :D

Wei Wen said...

Emm... i agree with both u and jon... but i thk if we really love Earth we should not only 'safe' it only for an hour but it is a continuation process.

Ko Wei said...

Yeah, just like what i said but we have to create awareness in the first place. When people are aware of it, sooner or later the effect can be seen when more and more people know about it. Therefore, people will start to realize the importance of saving resources and start saving. Consequently, this will be a continuation process. :)

Post a Comment